The following Code of Conduct (from the American Youth Soccer Organization) should be read, understood, and followed by all players:
- Play for the fun of it, not just to please your parents or coach.
- Play by the Laws of the Game.
- Never argue with or complain about referees’ calls are decisions.
- Control your temper. Most of all, resist the temptation to retaliate when you feel you have been wronged.
- Concentrate on playing soccer with your best efforts. Work equally hard for your team as for yourself.
- Be a good sport by cheering all good plays, whether it’s your team or your opponent’s.
- Treat all players as you would like to be treated.
- Remember that the goals of the game are to have fun, improve your skills and feel good. Don’t be a showoff or a ball hog.
- Cooperate with your coaches, teammates, opponents and the referees.