This page only applies to travel players who are rostered on multiple teams (e.g. playing on an AYSA travel team, as well as a FC Mass team).
From the Constitution of Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association, Incorporated, Bylaws: Policies, Procedures and Regulations:
Section 342. Priority Guide for Multiple Rostered Players
These “priorities of play” are for players who are multiple rostered. These priorities:
- apply to all State Team players—regardless of age—rostered on any other team.
- apply to all multiple rostered players aged U14 and younger; but,
- do not apply to non-State Team players age U15 and above.
These priorities provide players, coaches and parents with a set of expectations for players rostered to multiple teams. They have been developed to enable players to rise to their highest level of soccer while affording them access to all levels of play. They developed with input from representatives of all types and levels of play within the state. They have been developed to eliminate such questions as “Who do I play for?, Which practice should I attend?, or “What team should I play with on a tournament weekend?” These priorities are to be respected and adhered to by all of the various soccer interests that compete for a player’s attention and time.
In general terms, a player’s priorities are as follows.
- Major Tournaments:
- Regional ODP Tournament (after Memorial Day)
- State Cup
- MTOC and Qualifying Games
- On a major national holiday weekend:
- Memorial Day – priority to Premier (MAPLE) Teams
- Columbus Day – priority to Town Teams
- All other tournaments – players are to alternate attendance in event of scheduled conflict
- State Team Tryouts (except Sunday afternoons during MAPLE seasons)
- Regularly scheduled League games
- Make-up games
However, there exist variations in priority based on the playing season. So please read and understand each category and how they interrelate.
Soccer Activity Priority List:
- Regional ODP Tournament
- State Cup Tournament
- MTOC and Qualifying Games
- State Team Tryouts in summer, fall (other than on Sunday afternoons) and winter seasons only. Try-out dates must also be established and available through the State Office at least one month in advance.
- All Games:
- State Team – Summer only
- Premier (MAPLE) Teams – all year for any games scheduled from 11:00 a.m. on Sunday until dusk
- MTOC Eligible Town Teams – all year for any games scheduled from Friday afternoon to Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
- State Team
- Non-MTOC Town, or any fall teams other than Premier or winter teams
- State Team – (summer only)
- Premier (MAPLE) Teams – priority for Memorial Day Weekend only
- Town Teams – priority for Columbus Day weekend only
- All other tournaments – players are to alternate attendance in event of conflicts.
- State Team – priority during the Spring season. State Team practice dates must be established and available through the State Office by at least March 15.
- Premier (MAPLE) Team – Division 1 only
- All other teams – players are to alternate attendance in event of schedule conflict